Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Today's Proverbs


I am a huge fan of poetry.  I think that verse is a way to make words to sing.  Like music, which can bypass the serious, logical part of the mind and embed itself straight into the heart, creating an understanding in the spirit that cannot be explained...  And isn't it good!

Bearing with me on this (!) - I have been thinking about a great book of meaningful poetry I know - the Bible.  Especially the Proverbs.  I love the frank, honest style of writing.  It just wakes me up!  And always inspires me creatively.  I think this is what they call, the words of the wise...

A gentle answer deflects anger,
but harsh words make tempers flare.

The Lord is watching everywhere,
Keeping his eye on both the evil and the good.

Direct your children onto the right path,
and when they are older, they will not leave it.

Shell xx

2 comments:

Thank you for your thoughts...