Monday, October 20, 2008

Because I care...


...was the theme for this years Carers Week.  Do click the link, and see what I mean...

I have had a wonderful day.  I love getting up in the wee hours of the morn for a gig!  I love anytime for a gig really...  But today was one of those very special gigs, that you look back to, for all of your years.


We had the pleasure of mingling with some lovely caring celebrities, such as the legendary Bud Tingwell...


And I was proud to perform in front of so many of our country's Ministers, the leader of the opposition, and our own Prime Minister, (don't tell him that I voted for John!)  I must say, that his speech was warm and heartfelt...


And I cannot end without mentioning how breathtakingly beautiful Old Parliament House is.  It is the most wonderful Art Deco masterpiece.  Australia is scarcely old enough to have many really old buildings, so I enjoyed having the opportunity to be in those beautiful rooms...



But of course the thing I was most honoured by today, was that my song helped convey the message that Carers Australia were giving.  That people all over this great country are giving the gift of caring to their disabled partners, sons, daughters, parents or friends...  I love that this week is to formally acknowledge the people who do the hard "yakka" for those who cannot...

I am glad that my gift, was able to be of some little help today.

Shell xx

1 comment:

  1. Bless you for being a blessing to the unsung heroes of this city, carers who ask for nothing more than to know their loved ones have the best and most loving care available, from them!

    a truly worthy cause!

    love
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...