Monday, December 22, 2008

Glory to the new born King!


 - I said I'd be back to share some more...

I have taken to wearing flowers and or feathers in my hair of late.  It just seems like an outrageously jolly thing to do at this time of year!


My love of yellow roses is such that I have planted them all around my garden, this way I can go outside and harvest a hair ornament whenever I please!

* * * * * *

Now, I must tell you what a wonderful time I had singing at Carols by Candlelight last night for the Salvation army.  I arrived at the end of a busy weekend, with a slightly tired voice, expecting to sing some carols and then head home for an early night.  But I really was struck, as I am every year by the beautiful, Christian words in those special and ancient songs of praise.  Equally as much was I struck by the beautiful people I found there.  Servants of God, who devote their lives to helping others, I was inspired and uplifted, and revived.  I sang and sang, and my voice held up all evening!

Hark the herald angels sing, glory to the new born king
Peace on Earth and mercy mild,
God and sinners reconciled...

For me one of the most special ways to celebrate Christmas is through music.  I hope you will put on some carols in your home or your car (or your iPod) before the season is out.

Shell xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts...