Thursday, May 15, 2008

Drawing pictures with words...


I have always loved words.

When I was a little girl I used to write poems about everything around me.  I loved paper, I would stand in the news agency and beg my mother for a new writing journal every time.  You know those black ones with the red spine and corners?  When I was about seven I thought they were the best things ever!

I also loved to draw, only problem, I was no good at it!  Even getting the proper pencils, paints and paper made no difference! 

...Ha!

I like abstract painting - you know the kind that just makes a mess of colour on the canvas? That's right up my alley.  But I wanted to draw pictures!

I have grown to understand that I draw pictures through words and song.  Here is one...



From my precious book of songs.  This is the first song from my new "batch".  They seem to be written in batches.  I tend to write a lot of songs at once with a similar theme to them lyrically.  The words are always what I feel passionate about, but not always what is in reality.  I can never really describe what the whole song is about - I want to leave that up to the listener - the song is for you, and whatever it says to you is the right answer - it's art, not science!

Tell Me The Time...

Tell me the time, tell me the lies I've been hearing,
Are nothing more than truthless, and to keep my eyes on you...

Tell me the date, tell me what day it is and I'll be disbelieving,
I don't know where time will take me and I surely don't know where it's gone...

To think, you've been hanging around here, for years,
Since I was born!

Can you tell me the time, tell me if our time is over?
And if you've got a moment, could you tell me why,
I'm always too young, then I'm too old?
I'm too shy, then I'm too bold?
Too dark, then I'm too pale?
...and I want to go home!

Can you tell me, the time?
I don't know where time will take me, but I hope that you will come along...

Shell xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts...