Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hot tea, cold morning..


There is nothing like a Saturday morning that awakens you with energy & readiness for the day!  You open the curtains to find it has rained a little bit, kettle is on and the tea is on it's way!


I love mornings, always have since I was a little girl -  I feel excited to get things done, to jump in the shower and wash my hair, and think about what treasures I will make out of the day!  

I find the older I get, the less I worry about.  I come from a family history of anxiety, so I make it my everyday challenge to overcome.  Sounds a little corny but I really believe success starts with a smile and a positive attitude!

So I am smiling this morning - it is quite cold outside which is kind of cool (excuse the pun!) because I get to put on one of my nice winter jumpers.  There is hardly any cause for jumpers and jackets in Australia really, when you consider cold countries like England, or Canada or Norway (it may be a little too early in the morning to talk about Norway I realise, sorry!) so I relish the chance to dress cosily!

I'm reminded of a song we sing to the kids at home church.  I'll sing it, and you can read the words (your singing is optional, but encouraged!)

This is the day, this is the day
That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made
We will rejoice, we will rejoice and be glad in it..!

This is the day!  Remember to smile : )

Shell xx





1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a warming pot of tea you're right... and I remember singing that little song when I little in primary school :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...