Sunday, May 18, 2008

Music in my head...

This afternoon I have soup on the stove, and music in my head.  

There is a little bit of Powderfinger (?) - because it was playing in the shop where I was waiting to be served earlier today.  There's a little bit of AC-DC - I don't even know where that come from! 
"...It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll.."
He he!

It is amazing what music your mind absorbs!  I don't know about anyone else, but there is always a song plying in my head.  I can remember bits of my childhood from the music that was playing at the time.  I can see it's almost that my brain was wired to feel life through music.  

I can remember being a little kid and hearing Credence Clear Water Revival being played really loud at night while I was supposed to be asleep in bed...  I can remember Phil Collins playing on the radio while I was sitting in the back seat of my parents car, the words
"I just wish a could have told him, in the living years..."
making me long to know what that song was about...  I can remember the first time I looked through my fathers record collection and found Pink Floyd - never to be the same again was I after hearing that, in the best way!

The song which shaped me as a listener, and then later as a writer is The Long and Winding Road, by Paul McCartney...  Ah.... I put that record on, and everything went still.   It's the honesty and beauty of that song that I endeavor to achieve in my own...

* * *

I'm in the process of working out how to add an Mp3 to this blog every now and then - in the meantime, I'd love to play you a song from my Facebook page, or from Myspace.  

My soup is ready now!

Shell xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts...