Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Different and challenging


I'm getting ready for a couple of slightly different sort of gigs this week.

Firstly I have a cooking gig!  I am going to be Sous chef for a catering gig with my mother-in-law & sister-in-law in Albury this weekend.  I'm excited!  I think it will be different and challenging to be doing the professional thing in the kitchen, different to my daily domestic majesty!

My mother-in-law is an AWESOME cook, so I love seeing her work, and my sister-in-law Kathleen, is fantastic in the kitchen, she can make anything!  So we are preparing for that this week - fun!

The other gig is a solo piano/vocal gig, well a series of them really at a local coffee house.  I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm a little bit scared as well.  Normally I am in a band - so this too will be different and challenging!  

I think that trying something new is good for you if you can handle yourself, if/when something goes wrong.  So I'm excited!

Shell xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts...