Thursday, May 29, 2008

Yellow


I can't get enough of these yellow leaves in autumn!  I just want to take as many photos as possible to preserve them before they all fall off in winter.  And winter is only a few days off...



It is the time of year that you savour every warm sunny afternoon, as you know soon they will be gone for a little while...

This brings me back to thoughts of seasons...

It's a season in my life when my children come up to me and ask questions about everything under the sun.  Sometimes I am working away at something and I wish they would find something else to do, but then I remember this season won't be here forever.  There won't always be a time when they are here to ask me 'how far could a chicken fly?' or 'how many people live in Australia?' or just 'what's for dinner?'  

I have been assured by wiser women than I,  that it feels like only ten minutes or so go by and your children have grown and are off living their own lives, and you will wish for those cuddles and conversations once again...

So I am remembering to savour everything, and everyone while it is still the season.

Shell xx


2 comments:

  1. Oh my - the seasons really do tell us how time passes quickly by don't they? Anything to make us savour our days; our loves; our blessings - you can never have too many cuddles I say. And off the print for your daughter went today - I really hope she likes it *smiles* its such a joy to read your daily thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and same about your thoughts (and biro sketches).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...