Saturday, June 7, 2008

a love of big earrings...


Now in my first post for this blog I did proclaim a love and passion for big earrings - I have been meaning to get back to this, so let me explain...!

As you know, I am a performer; I think the flamboyant side of me has been realised through stage 'wardrobe' over the years.  Or maybe it has just been the thing that gave me permission to be the diva I am!  I have worn some wonderful and outrageous things on stage - picture gold sequins, red stilettos, and burnt orange, where would I be without burnt orange...?!

One of my favourite things to wear though would be earrings.  More recently, big earrings - and they're getting bigger...  I have lots and lots of pairs of earrings - in fact, I think I may have a problem...!

Here are some of my friends -

...and some little fingers taking delight in my activity...

...caught red handed!  Tara Grace Tully (she has prior convictions for similar offenses!)

Ahh, lovely....!

On another note I am going to be on TV tomorrow morning!  I will be performing one of my songs 'My Brother Charlie' on Rise and Shine, the Christian worship program which is on at 5.30 am.  

If you fancy a lie in tomorrow morning instead, then I will be posting the video of the performance later in the week right here on this blog.

Enjoy the rest of this beautiful Saturday!

Shell xx

6 comments:

  1. What a blessing it is to read your words Shell, you write about real life, your life, and the photos just bring your words TO life! You and your earring collection are unique, and I am so delighted you are part of my life. Always inspired by you Shell : )
    love
    Linny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words! Life is better for living it from the heart eh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Tara Grace is cute as a button. May I borrow her for a few days? We'd roll in piles of leaves and watch birds! I looove earings too and am loving your selection! And just loving your blog in general.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you my beautiful windhover...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shell, check out my "never too big" button under earrings on my web store, I love your blog! I have a great collection of earrings myself. My favorites are made in india.....
    thanks, zoe
    www.ohmyfanny.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have very similar taste in earrings :) I try to wear mine as much as possible but currently, they mostly get painfully tugged by a certain little someone...!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...