Friday, June 6, 2008

the road to Sydney!


Well I've almost only just arrived home, from a day trip to Sydney!  Walked in the door, put down my things, made myself a quick dinner (scrambled eggs with baby spinach & strong cup of tea) kissed my babies and a blogging I have gone!

I absolutely LOVE Sydney, it is the best city in the world!  It feels very close to home, even though I have never lived there, but I have recorded music there, seen several concerts, and had many shopping trips up from Canberra in my time - loved them all!

Today we went to Sweden, I meant IKEA!  Wow, what a place...  I love Ikea, it is the height of organised chaos!  

We did some looking...  and how about those lead pencils...  I love lead pencils...

I even found myself in some of the mirrors...

We are renovating one of the little cottages on the farm here at home, and found there were lots of quaint little sights to see in Ikea today to help complete the provincial look...

Of course we are doing these renovations on a budget, so Ikea seemed the right place to go where we felt like you could afford everything AND the kitchen sink!  We had a great day, and bagged some bargains.  

I enjoyed the time in the car as well, chatting sometimes and listening to music on my iPod, (my iPod and I are very good friends!) jotting down phrases for my own songs as they came to me, (I always carry a note book with me, you never know when inspiration will strike!)  And I must say I have written many an important lyric on the road to Sydney, and today was no exception...

Night night, now off to bed with you!

: )

Shell xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts...