Thursday, June 5, 2008

Solitude, and company...


The sky has been so beautiful this week.  We have had cloud in every shade of grey and white, and at the moment I can see the most beautiful greyish orange, as the sun sets outside my sunroom window and I am looking at it over the computer screen.  I think to myself "don't worry God it has not gone unnoticed!"

I am making roast lamb for dinner, I can smell it cooking as I sit here...  There is something about the smell of Rosemary and soy sauce! 

 It has been a ridiculously busy week, I have not had the chance to go off on my own and walk as often as I have wanted to.  Regrettably it's the quiet, calming activities which are the first casualties on a busy day.  And on a busy day you need nothing more than to have a quiet, calming walk!

The one thing I try never to neglect in a day is a nice cup of tea or coffee, and a chat with people I love.  I am a great lover of solitude, but I believe being in the company of great people for a time is more important if you had to choose one.

I like to go to the shops and have a coffee out with my family, greet people I know and smile at people I don't (since less and less strangers seem to smile anymore!) Then in a very short time I need to escape home and potter around my house!

As I write this dinner is ready, must potter away now..!

Shell xx


2 comments:

  1. Love your pic Shell, and the cocky sitting on the wire adds something special too. Who could not believe in creation with such a glorious scene!! MY roast lamb is cooking as I read your blog, makes what you write seem even more real when I CAN smell the roast cooking!! bless you Shell
    Linny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Mechelle,
    I read this post with a smile; I feel a kindrid spirit in you... loving to watch the sky; feeling caught up in busyness; and yet seeking soliture and talk with loved ones. I am feeling hungry for your roast and maybe one day will find myself in your neck of the woods and you can show me the sky.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...