Wednesday, June 4, 2008

a musician's life!


I have been writing poetry overnight and this afternoon. Organising public liability insurance for my coffee house gigs (Coffee and Chords), picking up band posters from the printer, and now finally home sipping a good strong cup of dilmah tea. It's a musician's life isn't it.....!

I have a pile of washing to sort through more to be washed and I don't want to talk about what's waiting for me on the ironing board!

Isn't life wonderful if that's all I have to worry about!

This is a little poem who is hanging around my head -

She's packing up boxes, and putting things in,
That will be forgotten...

She's sitting and waiting for what the day brings,
And doesn't remember...

That nothing is happening
Unless you are someone,
Who makes the day something.

She's not very cautious, with delicate things,
But she's packing up boxes
And putting in things...
Shell xx

2 comments:

  1. Friends of your may think you're writing about them, but in fact, it's a universal life cycle event...

    Poetically described!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right 'lovechocolatte' sometimes people are sure they know what I am writing about, but I am just the author - and the reader/listener is the one who decides what is means...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...