Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My wearable art!


Well Monday evening's festivities cooled off over night, and a spot of rain put an end to the bonfire's flames.  The new winter season is cool, and grey, and beautiful...

I know it's sort of a childish thought, but it still blows my mind when I think that Summer is only just beginning on the other side of the world.  That we are getting out our scarves and gloves, and people on the other side of this planet are getting out their sandals and sun hats!  

I absolutely LOVE each part of the year for the different delights that they bring.  I love my shawls and scarves this time of year - and I must confess, I feel like some sort of Victorian lady of considerable means when I wear my green shawl.  And then I feel like an Indian goddess in my pure woolen red, and burgundy shawl which I got from the Canberra Show a couple of years ago - it is awesome!  Don't you just love wearable art?  I am a walking art gallery some days when I go out, between my big earrings and fabulous winter textiles!

They flow along with me as I stroll about doing various things throughout the day - each colour makes me feel good, in a different way.  Colour and texture are two of the most wonderful things...

Shell xx

2 comments:

  1. I love winter textiles too :) and you have some beautiful shawls/scarves there. I can see you now as a beautiful victorian lady with haphazardly piled up hair with flowers in it (like Quentin's Blake's Aunt Bundlejoycosysweet) or a mystical indian goddess with bare feet and swishy pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of swishy pants..!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...