Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should've stayed on the farm, 
should've listened to my old man....

You know you can't hold me forever,
I didn't sign up for you!

I'm not a present for your friends to open,
This boy's too young to be singing the blues -

So, goodbye yellow brick road!
Where the dogs of society howl,
You can't put me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plow-

Back to the howling old owl in the woods,
Hunting the horny back toad...

Oh, I finally decided my future lies,
Beyond the yellow brick road...

Elton John, ah....

I saw him play at the entertainment centre in Sydney about two years ago - it was magical.

I hope in heaven I get put somewhere close to him and we can write songs together...

Until then I'd better keep practicing my piano!

Shell xx

2 comments:

Thank you for your thoughts...