Thursday, June 12, 2008

Red!



Gosh, I love the colour red!  

It is so brave and vibrant, attention seeking, yet all class...  I always feel outrageously good when I wear a bit of red!

Today has been a busy and interesting day, I have been to a dressmaker this morning.  In previous blogs I have talked about wanting to feel feminine and 'flowy' in a dress, but I cannot ever find what I want in the shops.  So for my 30th birthday this year, my family surprised me with the gift of having one made, so today I got to go and discuss what I wanted with a lovely and extremely talented dressmaking lady!  I feel very lucky and blessed today!

One of my many dear sisters-in-law, is having a dress made too.  A wedding dress.  I have known her since she was 12, and this spring she is going to be married to a boy she loves - very sweet, and emotional and wonderful it is!

I never know what I'm going to write about when I come to this place where I promised to share my strange, wonderful and interesting life, but there it is - a Tully wedding is on the horizon.

I have a lot to do with weddings with the band - but family weddings are always different, a mixture of wonderful and emotional.  I think because it is brought to your attention that one season has ended, and another is soon to begin...  A wedding can bring a lot of emotional moments when everyone stops and thinks about their own lives, as they watch someone begin a new part of theirs.

I have been married for nearly 12 years now, and because I am lucky enough to be married to my best friend, it has been more wonderful, than it has been difficult.  And because we were married when we were very young, we have had all the trials, and then the triumph, of growing up together - and the rest of our lives to enjoy the fruit!

Shell xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts...