Saturday, June 21, 2008

Waffles after dinner...


...are good for my creative soul!  I really, really, like food - and home made waffles with real maple syrup are something that should be indulged in every so often after dinner. 

We all worked together in the garden today, braved the cold and got stuck in building a rustic fence for outside one of the farm's original cottages.  I enjoyed making my little family a hot and wonderful dinner afterwards (pork spare ribs with swede and carrot mash, green beens and a creamy leak and pepper sauce to be poured all over the top!)  

I have grown to realise that this is what life is all about - good hard work, time spent with people you love, who love you, and are on your side.  And pride taken in good food - one of life's most enjoyable things!

But of course you only realise this if you listen to the wind once in a while in a quiet place, and spend time digging soil and getting your hands dirty.  I suppose to thrive in life, you must thrive on truth and love...  Love never fails...

Shell xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Mechelle you speak my mind so often! And waffles are delicious - esepcially home made ones... I think I will come round to your place next time you're having them okay? I'm just amazed at all that you do; you're a beautiful, inspiring woman(sorry I seem to say it alot) but its really true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come and have waffles and play with the babies, then we can go for a walk on my hill and I will write a song, and you will sketch a masterpiece!
    : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...