Sunday, June 22, 2008

Poem from my heart


My house is quiet this afternoon, the troops have headed off to Sydney to watch the Soccoroos - no idea if I spelt that right!  Also, not much of an idea about soccer have I!

I am feeling restful at the end of a busy week.  The only knot in my stomach is that I cannot find my cat, she has been gone for three days...  I hope it's not an untimely goodbye, here is a poem that has just entered my heart;

The art of saying goodbye is graceful,
don't slam a door, or go calling names...
It is quiet, and thoughtful,
not full of noise and confusing games...

Goodbye is for long, but not for good,
Time is most misunderstood.

The art of goodbye is strong when sad,
don't neglect the things that need to be said...
And go if you need to go,
In order to turn around and come back again...

Goodbye is for long, but not for good,
For when love is most misunderstood.

Shell xx

2 comments:

  1. Insightful and moving.

    I was touched by this wonderful and thought-provoking poem.

    I hope this much-loved kitty comes back soon if it's at all possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words lovechocolatte, I hope she comes back soon too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...