Saturday, August 23, 2008

"These are a few of my favourite things!"


There is a taste of spring, twinkling in Canberra today.  Unless of course you go outside in the icy breeze that is!  But from inside my cosy cottage at home, with the heater on, I am really enjoying the sunshine.

I cannot wait for spring.  To have picnics, and wear summer dresses, (which is a new endeavor for me, since I have for years been a pants kind of person).  There is something so feminine and graceful about a pretty dress though - I have bought a couple already, which are waiting impatiently for some warm weather in my wardrobe...


Earrings; cardis, (which is short for cardigans) - I have lots of them, in every colour, and I am a little bit obsessed you could say!  


Shoes - did I mention I also have an obsession with shoes?  Well I do...



I just think that enjoying beautiful things (which don't have to be of great expense) make you feel good.  And when you feel good, you create, you love, you smile, and in my opinion, you truly live!

I am now suddenly over come by the urge to dance around the house like Julie Andrews (which actually happens to me often) and sing, "these are a few of my favourite things!"

Hope you're having a sunny Saturday!

Shell xx

3 comments:

  1. very nice blog! I want you all the best Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about beautiful things; and they really needn't be expensive... my favourite beautiful thing at the moment is a lovely spotty feather a friend sent me in the mail last week. I too am a cardi horder (and singlet tops) I have many shades... they are just the best and can go with anything and everything. I have a feeling I would like the contents of your wardrobe very much! And though today was pretty chilly, I am hoping for some sunshine tomorrow when I go for a Sunday morning walk. Blessings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Steven! I am so thrilled you are enjoying this blog!

    And Windhover, thank you for such lovely words also.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...