Monday, August 25, 2008

Together


Coffee and Chords went very well yesterday.  It is heart warming to see people come down to hear me play and sing.  I am also really excited to keep The Tullys band in people's minds by displaying the band's banner when I perform; and I have to laugh at myself each time I say "we" instead of "I" when I talk to the audience about the songs - unused to being a solo performer I am!

I look forward to all the band gigs that are booked for the spring and summer ahead.  The winter has been nice and quiet, and I have enjoyed playing Coffee & Chords so very much.  

I have also had a break with one of my songs 'Together' which will be used by the Australian Defense Force in a DVD to encourage women to join the army!   I love the idea of being used on a soundtrack!  It has always been a dream of mine to have my music used in a movie, or an advert, so perhaps I am on my way!

I will leave you today with a photo which was taken in 2002 of the four original Tullys who formed the band...

(From Left to right - Mechelle Tully, Jamie Tully, Cameron Tully, Lawson Tully)

...and as the song goes, "we've gotta stick together, cause we're nothing apart"

Shell xx

4 comments:

  1. I hope you all can get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Reading your posts makes me miss the 'berra winter. In case you are interested I've finished sameship::differentaccents and started katandphil.blogspot.com

    p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phil - it has been the most wonderful winter in Canberra! Frosty, frozen, freezing; one morning it snowed! I enjoyed your blog, will definitely check out the new one. I must say though, your blog makes me want to tour with the band again! Do you ever hear from Roddy?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...