Monday, May 4, 2009

A temple, a tea pot!


Friday was our last full day in Singapore and there was still much to see.  I was still desperate to go to Chinatown, have some more Old Chang Kee on Orchard Road, and take photos of everything I saw!  We came across this beautiful Thai Buddhist temple which was open to visitors, provided we covered our shoulders, and purchased a candle and an orchid to donate as an offering...


Though I am a Christian, I respect all peaceful religions.  And as a spiritual person, I could feel the peace, love and conviction in this amazing place...  



We ventured upstairs to the museum, gift shop and tea rooms for a gander at the books, and a hope of trying some traditional teas...




I found a scarf which mirrored the pattern on the inside roof of the temple!



And we did find tea!



...and teapots!


In fact, I am now converted to white and green teas!  We sat and relaxed in this beautiful tea room and knew how lucky we were, and how special this was.


Shell xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of the temple. Looks like you had a wonderful time in Singapore. Pastor Jonah (the pastor who I help in Kenya) lived in Singapore for 6 months while studying. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could live there a while too! Just loved it. I am enjoying Pastor Jonah's blog very much - so touching. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...