Monday, February 8, 2010

Paint on the paper...


...and most deliciously on my palette too it seems!

Though, this world is new to me. I have not painted since I was in my final year of school. Since nearly as soon after as then it has been in my mind... Then for a time I forgot! I walked among motherhood, weight gain, weight loss, daydreaming - then found my singer's voice, and my pianist's hand.

Before I could blink my 20's had nearly passed by me - but all the while if I were to pass by a thickly embellished abstract oil on paper or canvas I would look intently, and slow my steps, and fix my eyes upon it, and remember my one-time love, of the form.

To paint as my silly head sees things.
To place colour where I will it.
To come back to the place of my later teens...
and to not let my 31st year pass me by, without a new painting finished and posted here.

Shell xx


3 comments:

  1. yes Yes YES YES YES! PAINT! Oh! and post it here for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful Mechelle! Enjoy painting! I look forward to seeing some of your creations! :)Martine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mechelle, it is never too late to begin again things we once loved! Or things we have always wished to do (mine is to play the piano-accordion). Blessings to you! I will look forward to seeing the results x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...