Friday, April 8, 2011

Making music on a Sunday...

I don't want to make this post look like a plug for my career, or an ad for my band.  But can I just tell you, I am a performer at heart - and last Sunday's first gig back since giving birth was a blooming slice of heaven!


I was delighted to be making music again with my sensational guitarist, brother-in-law and good, good friend Cam.  It was the Tidbinbilla Extravaganza and we thoroughly rocked the crowd, especially the kids on a perfect Sunday in the gorgeous surrounds to which the event was dedicated.


Oli waited for me during sets, and fed and cuddled with me during breaks - he is definitely a good stage baby - now road tested for his portability and willingness to be happily minded by his doting grandmother and aunties...


I tell you people it felt good to do what I do!  And only seven weeks after giving birth, I felt kind of secretly proud, and clever!  I realised that no matter my age, stage or the scale I do it on - I will always perform - it's part of why my heart beats, and my eyes glow...



And clearly for me, it has ever been so.

: )

Shell xx

1 comment:

  1. So lovely to see you performing again. You are so clearly happy performing and on top of the world ;-) I tried leaving a comment on your son Sean's birthday but there doesn't seem to be a way to leave a comment there. Just wanted to say what a handsome and darling boy you have. The slideshow was awesome. I want to wish him a great Big Happy 6th Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...