Saturday, June 14, 2008

Words, in my head


I am always amazed that when I listen to good music, as I hear someone else's inspiration, I begin to get in touch with my own...

The new album by Coldplay came out in Australia today.  Wonderful.  Colourful, and inspirational.  


I haven't always been a Coldplay fan, I remember when Yellow was all over the radio a decade or so ago, I couldn't bear to hear it another time, I thought the lyrics were just amateurish and bad!  And in some ways I still think that about that particular song.  But as they make more money from music than I do, I'll be quiet now on that score!

I am now a complete Coldplay fan - I even got to see them play in Sydney a couple of years ago.  I am in love with the writing and the way they get better and better, like true artists do...

As I am in the kitchen cooking this evening words have been dancing around my head - I have had to dart into the next room and write in my little lyric book as phrases and poetic thoughts come to me!  


Whenever I hear a new album, or see an emotive film, or painting, I usually write several new songs out of the new burst of inspiration they bring with them.

So I am looking forward to later tonight when it all goes quiet again, and I can sit down and make my poems into songs.  And maybe one day they will be a burst of inspiration for someone!

Shell xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts...