Thursday, July 3, 2008

Flower vases and tea pots!


Don't you just love flower vases and tea pots?  I felt this was a good fusion!  Nice to bring some of the flowering winter bulbs into my kitchen I thought.

In other matters, one of my songs is being featured on a local radio station tomorrow morning!  I'm glad it will be heard by people who have never heard it before.  This particular song is an old and dear friend of mine, I wrote her a few years ago now, she always makes people stop and listen...

Rock and a Hard Place

You've been breezing in and out like windy weather,
I pretend that it's okay.
And we sit there all alone together,
Trying desperately to think of nothing to say...

Do you ever find, we only seem to hate the ones we love?
Bind them with our toughest chains,
Do you ever find, his body's here but his heart has been caught,
between a rock and a hard place?

He's afraid to hear the truth be spoken,
So he stays away from me
And we rely on the curse of plastic conversation,
Does he not want the treasures I have for him?

Do you ever find we only seem to bother hating the ones we love?
And tear them down to save some face!
Do you ever find, we only seem to put the ones we love,
between a rock and a hard place?

And if I tell him no,
will he pack his bags and go?
Will I be feeding him to the lion's den?

And if I let him stay,
Pretend every thing's okay,
Am I worthy of a mill stone..?

Do you ever find, we only seem to hate the ones we love?
and tear them down to save some face!
Do you ever find, his body's here but his heart has been caught,
between a rock, and a hard place.

Shell xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts...