Thursday, July 3, 2008

New gig dates!


I'm very excited to have some new performance dates at Gloria Jeans coffee shop!  All of the PLI paperwork is done (!) and now I just get to play and sing, which is what I do best!

The dates are Sundays July 13 & 27, August 10 & 24, September 7 & 21, October 19, November 2

So if you're in Canberra I'll be there then, then and then!

It's funny not working every weekend in the winter, when inevitably, people have less weddings and corporate functions.  So at this time of the year when there aren't as many bookings, I like to focus on writing, learning new songs - special covers that mean a lot to me and my fans.  I like to do more acoustic gigs, like Coffee & Chords.  I like to stay home on Saturday nights and make soup!  Then watch Grand Designs with Jamie.

Winter certainly has it's perks - the cosiness is great.  But there is always a part of me that wants to go back to America in the winter to the Australian Festival in Nashville, like we did in 2005...


And then stopping over in Tahiti...  how tough that was ; )


But before going home we had three days in New York - and then we know what all the fuss was about...

I think there needs to be an upcoming post totally dedicated to our little trip to NY.  Coming soon, watch this blog!

Shell xx

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try and come down to Canberrra so I can see you at least once! And yes, please do tell us all about your little trip to the US; how exciting...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...