Thursday, July 2, 2009

Above the streetlights...


There are times we all feel,

a little under the weather

consumed by the everyday-ness, of life

But consume you it will -

devour all your heart's wishes and hopes,

If for a time we don't stop, look up,

above the streetlights,

to see our Rescuer.

So special are the days made of rainbows,

Reminding us of His promise,

and blowing our minds,

that there He is-

Today!


Shell xx


Genisis 9:13-16

13 "I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just got back from a Canada Day trip to see my mom and neice and am catching up on blogs. I love the rainbow photo and the scripture verse. This covenant and how it came to pass has to be one of my fav all time bible stories =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...