Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Besotted...

Then, after what seemed so much waiting... my previous blog post is already, another season ago.

For here, I introduce:


 Oliver George Tully
Born at 6:31pm
February 13, 2011


In the Green House!


So once again, I've been blessed to have a baby the way I wanted to, in my home, with my beloved husband (without whom I could never have been so strong).  With an inspiring professional midwife, and a couple of amazing Tully mothers and their brains trust of wisdom, love and truth at my disposal.

He's been so wonderful - a grizzly, red faced, breast feeding machine! who then looks around so carefully clocking our faces and learning our voices - it's taken a couple of days to get some successful photos for this blog post, because if I'm not feeding him, it's only a matter of time until he starts to wriggle...


Hence...


: )

In short, we're all besotted.

And February, was oh so good to me!  Now my year has begun...

Shell xx

12 comments:

  1. <3

    A Baby's feet, like sea-shells pink,
    Might tempt, should heaven see meet,
    An angel's lips to kiss, we think,
    A baby's feet.

    Like rose-hued sea-flowers toward the heat
    They stretch and spread and wink
    Their ten soft buds that part and meet.

    No flower-bells that expand and shrink
    Gleam half so heavenly sweet
    As shine on life's untrodden brink
    A baby's feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Shell it is so amazing to see your blessed bundle of joy. He is so precious and handsome already. Ladies look out, lol. I'm so glad you were able to give birth at home with the help of your DH and all the family as well as a great doula. God give you energy and enough rest. Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dearest dear,
    how I love to see that beautiful baby face, and know that you are so well in health and spirits. Whenever I see a little babe like oliver george, or think of our ability (our blessing) to make and birth and tend to new life I think of psalm 139:
    "For it was you who formed my inward parts;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
    I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
    Wonderful are your works;
    that I know very well"

    amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, congratulations! I'm so glad both of you are safe and well, and probably a great deal more comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! What a beautiful boy!! Love Martine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, thank you lovelies! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Shell he is absolutely splendid. So happy for you to have had the birth experience you wished for. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about the new arrival x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I missed it! I checked and checked and then gave up for a week and then he arrived! Isn't he adorable?! So pleased all is well and you were able to have your beautiful boy at home. Congratulations dear Shell and family x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. !!!!
    Congrats! Wow!! What a beautiful blessing..he is beautiful..love his name!
    You are going to be such a beautiful mama, and he is so fortunate to have a beautiful voice sing him to sleep!!

    Lots of love!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! He is simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...