Friday, October 21, 2011

God Save the Queen...



A stunning Canberra morning, 


a babe in arms, 


a gathered crowd of eager monarchists...


and the Queen!
 {not to mention a terribly dashing Prince Philip!}  
Made this a very special morning indeed.

It struck me as I drove home after a long wait, and a very pleasant short wave, that this must be the first time in Australian history at least that the most important people in the country today were all women.  Our Chief Minister, Prime Minister, Governor-General & Queen.  And regardless of political persuasions or what have you - I thought that was kinda cool, in itself.

God save the Queen.

Shell xx

1 comment:

  1. What a marvellous morning out! I love your reds. I still remember the time Her Majesty visited my school's cathedral back in 2006 and Prince Philip spent a long time stopping and joking with students :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts...