Thursday, April 30, 2009

Little India


Continued (still) from Singapore...

Clare and I enjoyed the comfort provided by the "Executive Lounge" - tea, coffee, cakes and fresh juice anytime of the day or night.  A fabulous remedy for our long shopping sessions.  We would walk and explore in the heat for hours, then grab a taxi back to the hotel and relax here, in air-conditioned heaven...



One of the perks of being an executive's wife...




After we regulated our core body temperatures and the boys had finished work, we headed down to Little India.  This was something I was looking so so forward to!  I am such a fan of all things Indian.  Especially Saris and woven shawls...  My eye is always taken by an Indian woman walking by in traditional dress - the colours so warm and vibrant, as an artist in these surroundings, I was inspired!

I couldn't resist photographing these three beautiful women in front of me.  They looked like three generations of Indian womanhood, so feminine and fine.




Anyone who has ever been to Singapore will tell you there is a tailor on every corner, and in Little India they didn't even need a roof over head!




We wandered through countless shops and stalls, connecting with perfect strangers by a universal nod and a smile.  It felt so adventurous and free.  So much fun.

Shell xx

1 comment:

Thank you for your thoughts...